Monk at Peace

I wander into an ancient monastery in the fertile Inle Lake region of Myanmar. The worn history of this structure allows soft light in with a warm, faint glow.

I find many monks praying and studying as they do most every morning. Undistracted, the deep concentration of the monks continues as I very quietly shuffle around.

The world feels at peace as time seems to stand still. A feeling I have become accustomed to in this deeply dedicated country.

Using the Fujifilm GFX 50s mirrorless camera set on electronic shutter, I am quietly able to capture these moments of peace without disturbing. The image files show the incredible range and sharpness of this camera system.

Even more incredible, I realize the file does not need any adjustment at all. NOTHING! Straight out of the camera and the image is perfect.

A large print is made and has to be seen to be believed.

Colour, contrast, detail, all just so beautiful. The one word I keep using to describe the files from this camera is ‘Smooth”.

Produced with the Fujifilm GFX 50s mirrorless medium format camera and the Fujifilm GF 110mm F2 lens.
  • please click on the image to see larger

with thanks to Fujifilm Canada and Beau Photo Supply

Comments