Long Lens Big Camera

I have been using the Fujifilm GFX 50s medium format, mirrorless camera system for a while now and just love working with it. I have put it to use in some very challenging situations and the camera continues to surprise and amaze me with consistent, incredible results.

  • please click on the image to see larger

Yes, the camera is big, but really not that big, comparable in size to your average DSLR. It is very comfortable in the hand and I feel right at home walking around all day long with it. So comfortable, that I have little interest in going back to the smaller cameras.

But the real big part is the size and quality of the files that this camera delivers. You really can’t beat the look and feel of a medium format image. As I have said many times before, the images are just so very smooth and beautiful.


Recently I had the opportunity to test the Fujifilm GF 250mm F4 lens on the GFX camera. This lens is a wonderful addition to the GFX system. Being able to pull in the distant landscape and pick up every little detail. For me, you can’t beat the feel of a telephoto lens, add that to the medium format quality and dynamic range, now you really have something!

Another beautiful lens to round off the Fujifilm GF lens lineup. Equivalent in full frame to 198mm and with the 1.4 teleconverter brings it up to 277mm.

These images are a few examples from working with the GF 250mm lens.


 


 

 

 

  


 


with thanks to Fujifilm Canada and Beau Photo Supply



Comments